How Envato Data is Used
Updated at 2022-12-26
AuthorDesk (“we,” “our,” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This document explains how your Envato Data is collected and used AuthorDesk.
All of this data is retrieved via the API that Envato Provides here with your access token.
Definitions and key terms
To help explain things as clearly as possible in this document, every time any of these terms are referenced, are strictly defined as:
- Product: Product entity on Envato Marketplace including all different services of Envato like ThemeForest, CodeCanyon, and all other different websites where Envato Sales Digital Assets.
- Sale Statement Item: When any sale is made on Envato Marketplace, Envato Generates different Sales Statement Items based on the nature including Revenue, Commission, Withholding taxes, etc.
- Customer: refers to the company, organization, or person that signs up to use the AuthorDesk Service to manage the relationships with your consumers or service users.
- Purchase Code: This is a unique Purchase code that is provided by Envato to all the customers who purchase your products.
- Balance: This is a current Balance that your account owns at given particular time.
What Information Do We Collect from Envato?
We collect information from you when you allow the access to AuthorDesk app on your Envato Account.
- Envato Username
- Envato Email
- Sales Statements
- Balance Amount
How do we use your Envato Username?
Your Envato Username is your unique identity by which AuthorDesk identified you and use it in further API calls to Envato.
How do we use your Envato Email?
Your Envato Email is collected to link your Envato Account with the AuthorDesk account. This is not shared with anyone apart from you.
Why Products Data is Synced?
Products are essential items that are needed to make AuthorDesk work. Products are open information that can be retrieved via any personal access token. All Product information is already visible on the Product page of Envato. Essentially we collect that open information only.
Why my Sales Statements are Synced?
AuthorDesk provides you with detailed analytics of your revenue by each Product for the given time period. To make this happen it can not query Envato every time. To make your experience better AuthorDesk Syncs all your Sales Statements.
Why my Balance is Retrieved?
To show your Balance on AuthorDesk Dashboard, your Balance is retrieved by AuthorDesk.
Does AuthorDesk get my Customer's Data Automatically?
Envato doesn't provide any data like the Name, Envato Username, or Email of your Customers along with your Sales Statements. AuthorDesk only gets your customer information when the Customer comes to your Landing Portal and creates an account with AuthorDesk via your landing portal.
Why do customers need to share their Purchase Code?
When your customers want to get help from you via Support Ticket, verifying their purchase is an essential thing for you. so Customers need to share their Purchase Code by which AuthorDesk verifies the Purchase. When the Customer shares the purchase code, AuthorDesk can know if the Customer has purchased your product. Via Purchase code, AuthorDesk gets the Product Information along with Purchase Data and the buyer's Envato Username which is shared with you with customer details.
Do my Customer's information shared with other Authors/Users?
No. We do not share any of your customer details with any other Authors or Users in any case. Your customer's data exclusively stay for you unless you export them locally or connect with your other Third-Party Services with our provided Integration. But those integration accounts will be your only.
Do my Customer information used by AuthorDesk for Promotion and Marketing?
No. We do not use any of your customer details for any internal marketing purpose of AuthorDesk itself.
Other Common Data Usage Guide
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about this Agreement.
- Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via this Link: https://authordesk.app